Zachary Tinkle is a 19-year-old stock car driving sensation based in Speedway, IN that currently races in NASCAR®s ARCA Menards series. He is the 2019 Vore’s Welding CRA Late Model Sportsman Champion and 2019 Anderson Speedway McGunegill Engines Late Model Series Champion and Rookie of the Year. Tinkle also won the 2019 Vore’s Welding CRA late model sportsman Triple Crown Championship. In his 2018 rookie season in the Vore’s Welding CRA late model sportsman series, Zachary Tinkle was named PGG Sportsman of the Year and voted Most Popular Driver; fi nishing 5th in the championship. He also tested in a USF2000 car in the fall of 2018.
He was the 2017 Central States Region (CSR) Super Cups and 2016 Rockford Speedway Wild Wednesday Super Cup Champion. In 2015, Tinkle was the Illinois Super Cup State Champion for the Short Track Auto Racing Series (STARS), Rockford Speedway National Short Track Champion for Super Cups, awarded the Rockford Speedway “Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of My Way” award and Most Improved Driver for CSR Super Cups. For 2014, he was Rookie of the Year for CSR.
His racing roots started in the Chicagoland area. He has family ties to the Indianapolis area and was born in Cincinnati, OH.
Zachary has aspirations of racing at the highest levels of racing including getting a ride with a top tier team.
Zachary Tinkle Driver Stats
Hometown: Speedway, IN
Hobbies: Collecting die cast cars, racing history buff, iRacing
Years Racing: 10th year (2022)
Current Series: NASCAR® ARCA Menards
Charities: Pet Rescue, Reading Programs, Cancer Research, Feeding America, Racing Museums
Interesting Facts: I’m a racing history buff. I design my paint schemes and logos. My first minicup scheme was a tribute to Jeff Gordon’s original DuPont paint scheme. I’m a best-selling author. My great-great grandfather, Harry McQuinn, is in the National Midget Hall of Fame, raced in the Indianapolis 500, and was chief steward at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Formal Education: Keystone National High School
Top Racing Accomplishments:
- 2019 – Vore’s Welding CRA Late Model Sportsman Champion, Anderson Speedway Champion and Rookie of the Year
- 2018 – CRA Late Model Sportsman series Most Popular Driver, Sportsman of the Year, 5th in Championship in rookie season
- 2017 – Central States Region Super Cups Champion and Fastest Qualifier of the Year
- 2016 – Rockford Speedway SuperCup Championship (2016)
- 2015 – National Short Track Championship for Super Cups, Illinois State Championship (Short Track Auto Racing Series)
Career Goals: Race with a high caliber team in the top levels of racing
- 2019 Anderson Speedway Rookie of the Year
- 2018 Sportman of the Year: CRA Late Model Sportsman Series
- 2018 Most Popular Driver: CRA Late Model Sportsman Series
- 2018 PFC Brakes Social Media Sponsorship Contest Winner
- 2016 Champion Finalist Winner in the ‘Search for a Champion’ Contest
- Amazon Best selling author and ‘hot new seller’ with Zachary Tinkle’s MiniCup Decision book in 2015
- Featured as student of the month in July 2015 by Keystone Middle School
- 2015 Most Improved Driver in Central States Region Super Cups
- 2015 “Lead, Follow, or Get Out of My Way” Award from Rockford Speedway
- 2014 Rookie of the Year with Central States Region Super Cups
- Best of the week go-karting track time average for 52 weeks in 2014
- Top 1% of all K1 Speed drivers in 2014